[MD] Rhetoric

Tuukka Virtaperko mail at tuukkavirtaperko.net
Wed Dec 7 13:29:09 PST 2016

I'm not eristic. Dialectics is my way of pursuing the truth. It always
has been. I have always been old in that sense. But it is also childlish
to always pursue the truth. Old people say that's the best thing to do
but they know when not to do it. Usually.

When I was a child I had debates with adults. I kept doing it for a long
time. At first I was bewildered about how stupid these adults are. But
it's not much fun anymore.

I certainly don't do this stuff for fun. I do it when I need to kick
some much-deserving ass. "Deserving", you say. "Why?" you ask. Well...
because they were wrong.

If I've worked on the MOQ since I was sixteen do I or do I not care
about whether someone is wrong about the MOQ? Odds are I care.

But, you know, I don't want to really kick somebody's ass. I'm not
perfect either. I'd like to forgive. But if they fight back, what is
there to forgive? Nothing if I know I'm not crazy. I could be crazy. But
if I've made something of logic and it says they're wrong then I'm not
crazy. Then it's not about me. Then it's about the truth.

Tuk