[MD] still going?

John Carl ridgecoyote at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 17:09:15 PST 2016

> dmb says:
>
> DiSanto thinks there "is a genuine parallel" between the yin-yang polarity
> and the subject-object polarity but I'm not so sure.

  I'm with you, dave.  I don't think you can  compare terms in differing
metaphysical contexts, quite so glibly.  Not without a lot of hemming and
hawing and opening up your baggage for inspection.  The subject-object
distinction itself is a kind of trap that Taoism avoids, so I don't see how
you could relate Taoist terms to SOM's.    I also think Pirsig's use of
Quality as fundamental, is an improvement upon modern interpretations of
Taoism that assert "interaction between" yin and yang.

Interaction between.   That's a piss-poor term for caring, wouldn't you
say?

John