[MD] still going?

John Carl ridgecoyote at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 11:29:59 PST 2016

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 12:46 PM, Adrie Kintziger <parser666 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> i'm still extremely pissed that an environment was created here to
> make mr Mc Watt to leave....shame really what a disgrace that was.

I'm guessing, Adrie, that you think I am largely to blame for that one -
making Ant feel stupid.    Or perhaps Horse, for letting me in the
door.     I just innocently responded to what I read.  I'm not a big fan of
defending myself, for selfs are tricky things to define, much less defend,
but I will say that I can't recall a single utterance of Dr. McWatt's, that
wasn't derivative, facile or just plain stupid.   I didn't mean to make ant
look stupid, it just turned out he was/is.  Sorta like dmb, somebody that
uses social badges as demonstrations of  intellectual ability.  Although to
be fair, I haven't heard from Dave in a while, and he has undoubtedly
learned more.  That's the great secret, isn't it.  To not hold on too
tightly to the past and always be aware that we could be wrong.

RIP, Platt.

As far as Ant goes, I don't know the man.  All I know are the words he
shared (and didn't share)  with me.  That and a  rumour about turning his
back on somebody, leaving a pub on a day a long time ago.  But who knows.
Rumours, eh?

Come to think of it, you haven't had such a great track record neither
"Adrie".   Weren't you at one time a great proponent of "peak oil"?   You
also offered me the opinion that James and Royce were enemies and other
dogmatic certainties of yours that I didn't refute at the time, regarding
Idealism vs. Pragmatism, which I found out later was complete nonsense.

And instead of witty retort and repartee, you and your ilk resort to ad
hominem-ad infinitum.   Insult and vituperation  with no shred of humour or
wit.    Why has the MD died?  Hmmm... I wonder.    Blame who you will, but
death, like life, is a collaborative effort, imho.  It's up to you.  Say
something smart, and it will live.

JC