[MD] Hilary Putnam's Passing

John Carl ridgecoyote at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 18:36:04 PDT 2016

A great man.  He will be missed.

Baggini interview
<http://www.philosophersmag.com/index.php/tpm-mag-articles/11-essays/122-putnam-s-progress>

"I make no secret of changing my mind on one or two important issues." It's
a pretty unexceptional admission, but for the speaker of these words the
issue of changing one's mind has a peculiar force. Hilary Putnam has
written on a wide range of topics, encompassing metaphysics, the philosophy
of language and the philosophy of mind. His output has become essential
reading for anyone serious about contemporary debate in all these areas.
Yet what he has become most renowned for is changing his mind.