[MD] Annotations to LC

david dmbuchanan at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 9 12:20:04 PST 2016

________________________________
From: Moq_Discuss <moq_discuss-bounces at lists.moqtalk.org> on behalf of Tuukka Virtaperko <mail at tuukkavirtaperko.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 4:44 AM
To: moq_discuss at moqtalk.org
Subject: Re: [MD] Annotations to LC

Tuukka said to dmb and all:

Logic doesn't characterize pure experience. Neither does it characterize
the relation between experience and concepts. Logic characterizes the
relation between defined concepts and other defined concepts.

dmb replies:

Really? If logic could only operate on the relation between defined concepts, then things like algebra and symbolic logic wouldn't exist. But of course they do exist because logic operates on any kind of sentence or equation, even the ones with undefined terms.

I think you're bending over backwards to find fault where there isn't any, Tukka. You already admitted that it makes sense to say that concepts follow from experience and that's all it means to say "pure experience logically precedes concepts". The point is clear and there's nothing wrong with the logic of the sentence containing that point.

Tuukka said:
Because someone could write an academic article about the Quadrilemma
and send it to a philosophical journal. If the article were to pass
peer-review it would be published. I thought you'd have a motive to be
prepared for this. I could help you.

dmb says:

Write an academic article about the Quadrilemma? You haven't yet shown that such a thing even exists. As far as I can tell your quadrilemma is just a series of baseless insults, none of which have been established in the discussions. And this forum is surely less rigorous than the "peers" who'd be reviewing it for a Journal article. The suggestion is unrealistic at best.

---
Avast | Download Free Antivirus for PC, Mac & Android<https://www.avast.com/antivirus>
Protect your devices with the best free antivirus on the market. Download Avast antivirus and anti-spyware protection for your PC, Mac and Android.

Moq_Discuss mailing list
Listinfo, Unsubscribing etc.