[MD] Annotations to LC

Adrie Kintziger parser666 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 06:59:23 PST 2016

Long time ago i did some powerlifting,in the booming days of
Decadurabolin, deca, decastacks, dianabol, diana,bol etc...
One of the stacks was named in a bit of a hurry as' duodeca'.
it became a brand on its own. the name was later adopted by the
game-builders, processor developers( core name) ,and even the music
industry.
But the old deca was best, along with sustanon.

It happens also with other names.Like creatine.

So adding 'lemma' to the term makes it a sort of chapter?, in your mind?
The diagram that comes with it does not even match with child's talk.
But the mail you presented to Dan,dude, completely delusional.
But you'r fun, i like you anyway, so please stay on board.

Yours sincerely
Adrie

> [...]
>>>
>>> Rusell's paradox points out an inconsistency in naive set theory: there
>>> can't be a set of all sets. But Russell's paradox doesn't apply to the
>>> MOQ
>>> because the MOQ contains itself at a stage that precedes logic. The MOQ
>>> does also contain itself as an intellectual idea, but this is more of a
>>> projection of the MOQ into Pirsig's theory of static value patterns than
>>> the real MOQ.
>>>
>>> Furthermore, there are potentially consistent variants of set theory that
>>> permit the set of all sets. The most notable of them is probably New
>>> Foundations by Quine. I'd like to understand more about them. They might
>>> render Russell's paradox even more inapplicable to the MOQ. In order to
>>> employ them one would apparently have to denote Quality by a variable,
>>> but
>>> this could be possible in some many-valued logic. However, that would be
>>> lot of work and it wouldn't seem to defuse the Heinous Quadrilemma. I am
>>> also somehow opposed to the idea of denoting Quality by a variable
>>> although
>>> I'm not sure why.
>>>
>>> In any case, this consistency issue highlights a curious fact. In LILA
>>> Pirsig writes:
>>>
>>> "The tests of truth are logical consistency, agreement with experience,
>>> and economy of explanation. The Metaphysics of Quality satisfies these."
>>>
>>> It's funny that due to Gödel's incompleteness theorems, normal arithmetic
>>> isn't known to be consistent. Only weak systems of arithmetic such as
>>> Presburger arithmetic are provably consistent. But Presburger arithmetic
>>> doesn't allow multiplication by variables. This basically excludes
>>> Newtonian mechanics and quantum physics and a great deal of science. Does
>>> Pirsig intend to restrict truth to weak systems such as Presburger
>>> arithmetic? Probably not. What he means with "logical consistency" is
>>> probably something like: "hasn't been proven inconsistent" (for systems)
>>> and: "proven as a theorem of a system that hasn't been proven
>>> inconsistent"
>>> (for theorems).
>>>
>>> As for your opinion that mixing math with words always ends up in woods -
>>> not for Einstein. I cite the article you linked in your previous post:
>>>
>>> "Einstein only employed words or other symbols (presumably mathematical)
>>> -- in what he explicitly called a secondary translation step -- after he
>>> was able to solve his problems through the formal manipulation of
>>> internally imagined images, feelings, and architectures. 'I very rarely
>>> think in words at all. A thought comes, and I may try to express it in
>>> words afterwards,' he wrote (Wertheimer, 1959, 213; Pais, 1982)."

>>> Tuukka:
>>> Because someone could write an academic article about the Quadrilemma and
>>> send it to a philosophical journal. If the article were to pass
>>> peer-review
>>> it would be published. I thought you'd have a motive to be prepared for

>>> Archives:
>>> http://lists.moqtalk.org/pipermail/moq_discuss-moqtalk.org/

--
parser