[MD] Annotations to LC

Adrie Kintziger parser666 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 07:07:46 PST 2016

This is an important remark, David,it made me think back to the transcript
of the observer-interview wich still resides on Dr MC Watt's
Robertpirsig.org.

quote from the interview(copyright Mc watt, Pirsig)

"RP: Most of the army guys were horrible to Koreans, they called them gooks
and beat them up whenever they could. And we were hated in turn. It was
kind of like Iraq in a way. I was assigned to malarial control in charge of
all these local labourers. The caretaker was a kid about 16, and he spoke
perfect English. I said: 'How in hell did you learn English that well?' And
he said: 'I just picked it up.' This guy was another of these prodigies,
you know, but he had no school. So I paid for him to go to school - $16.
This changed my relationship with the Koreans. I started to teach them
English. The Koreans and I became good friends and they gave me a Korean
chess set. I told them one time the most marvellous thing about the English
language is that in 26 letters you can describe the whole universe. And
they just said: 'No'. That was what started me thinking. In the East, the
basis of experience is not definable. That 16 bucks set me on the road to
Zen.

It becomes cristal clear that he wanted to keep the bridge between east and
west,separating the flux of life,immidiate expierience,from
descritions of it.
16 bucks of enlightment.

an aside for John.

He also names Whitehead in the interview, but not in a context that
can point towards congruence.But he is clearly not hiding that he did read
Whitehead.
The formulation of the Koreans however speaks for itself, "No",
one cannot define....The basis of.....
and thus this deviates from Whiteheads attempts to define Quality
itself.But including all western philosophys.

These are some toughts.
Adrie

--
parser