[MD] Why does Pirsig write everybody's right about mind and matter although his theses imply the opposite?

Horse horse at darkstar.uk.net
Tue Nov 1 10:11:46 PDT 2016

Hi Dan and all
I thought that may have been why you went quiet Dan - also why Dave
seems to have dropped out. It would appear that Tuuk is less interested
in having a conversation and prefers a confrontation, foisting a
particular point of view on everyone around him. Tuuk and John also have
an agenda which includes 'revitalising' MD in order that the other list
they occupy has something to react against - which might explain the
confrontational approach they're currently adopting.
The problem with Tuuk 's confrontational approach is that after a while
others (yourself, David, Ron etc.) get frustrated and then bored with
continually going over the same arguments because his heels are dug in
and he is incapable of understanding that he may have erred in his
initial premise or premises and is incapable of backtracking. We've seen
this a number of times in the past and, as said, why would we wish to
waste precious time on someone who has no interest in listening. A shame
really as Tuuk is an intelligent guy who may have had something of
interest to say but his 'people skills' aren't up to much.
Still, I'm not going to waste any of my own time on it - especially when
nothing new or useful, with regard to Pirsig's MoQ, is likely to come of it.
I also don't like being manipulated by others to further their childish
agendas!

Cheers

Horse