[MD] Why does Pirsig write everybody's right about mind and matter although his theses imply the opposite?

david dmbuchanan at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 29 06:12:47 PDT 2016

Tuukka said to dmb:
Previous experience indicates that your input is useful because you
present arguments that require a dialectical response I haven't thought
of before. The downside is that you don't seem to do dialectic, only
rhetoric, and you don't seem to understand their difference. In any case
I'm confused by the way how, instead of presenting your criticism, you
ask me whether I'm interested in your criticism. I need some time to
think about this.

dmb says:

You're confused because instead of presenting my criticism, I've asked you if you're interested in my criticism?

As I see it, I've offered some criticism but you haven't really responded to it. Last time you defended your logic, even though I said nothing about logic, and this time your response pivots around the distinction between rhetoric and dialectic. Neither of those things are relevant to the critical points raised. So I'm just saying that I don't want to repeat the criticism that has already been offered, especially if you don't care. But since I'm offering an answer to the question you've posed (about the status of mind and matter in the MOQ), you seem to be deliberately avoiding the content of my comments. If you aren't really interested, then I won't bother. It's a lot of work, you know?

---
Avast | Download Free Antivirus for PC, Mac & Android<https://www.avast.com/antivirus>
Protect your devices with the best free antivirus on the market. Download Avast antivirus and anti-spyware protection for your PC, Mac and Android.

Moq_Discuss mailing list
Listinfo, Unsubscribing etc.