[MD] Best Wishes to All of My Old Friends

Matt Kundert pirsigaffliction at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 25 08:41:17 PDT 2020

Hi Everyone,

It's been three years since I've checked this email and five since I wrote to the listserve.  I was just talking to a friend, outside, 8 feet away, on a fold-out chair I brought with me, and she brought up ZMM.  We chatted a little while about it, and am going to give her one of the many copies I still have squirreled away.  I haven't read it since I taught it in 2014, but I still think it is one of the most remarkably structured books.  I've been teaching "close reading" for over 10 years now, and its responsiveness is a sign of its enduring quality of thought and feeling.

But that's just, maybe, the required nostalgic overture.  The real nostalgia I wanted to toss into this still pool was a Hello to any of my old friends and interlocutors who still receive these emails.  I still feel that my participation many years ago was integral to my intellectual and stylistic growth.

I hope everyone is well.

Best,

Matt
Former Apostate