[MD] Best Wishes to All of My Old Friends

Adrie Kintziger parser666 at gmail.com
Sun May 24 03:33:12 PDT 2020

Hello, Anthony.

The disappointing part about having a lathe,is that although one can turn
an axis, or a  cog (which needs further machining on the cnc)
we do not master the hardeningsprocess to harden the materials, one can
glow out an old chisel,but making it hard again, like say heating it for
hours and cool it in oil
or water, and ! maintain the clearances is impossible to
control.furthermore, turning works fine on soft iron,but turning won't work
on the stem of a valve, which is hard as glass.
One cannot simply turn a piston,as the aluminum needs a thermic proces to
avoid internal tensions...
I tought about it for some time to re-dedicate the lathe for turning wood,
which is a very popular art here,and i have lots of hardwood, but to make
it dedicated to that,....
a new wood working lathe is about 400 euro...so probably... etc.

The eu-brexit.

It is the basic right of your country to decide to leave,and try to
reformat the old Empire, or re invent the commonwealth of nations, imho
Britain can go back to the creed of
'making the word British' again.I am not very in favour for the one or the
other.I'm not very EU minded,and i am very convinced that my life was
better under the old Benelux...
However if i was to vote for leave or remain,'Belgium/Eu) i would vote to
remain as damage control, yes ,the financial damage would be too big to
chew.
Anyway,in Belgium we are heading towards further confederalism with the
Wallon part, clearly stearing away from Belgium itself.Probably Flanders
will separate
and take off on its own.
I do not like it one bit,.....I will not stay here when it happens;
its like Ireland/North-Ireland, altough we have other reasons to split.

Adrie

--
parser