[MF] MOQ and theism

Muzikhed at aol.com Muzikhed at aol.com
Thu Dec 29 22:35:17 PST 2005

Kevin wrote:
Ok.  I've found it.  Turn to page 394.

"An hour ago he was planning to spend the rest of his life taking care of
Lila."

But Lila chose differently.

---------

TC writes:

Thanks for the annotation, I had forgotten that. Whoa.  I'm sorry my
statement that 'it's crucial to me' was vague.  I  meant that the climactic scene of
Lila resembles that tragic and  crucial turning point in my life.  Rigel
taking Lila gets the Captain  off the hook...  convenient for Pirsig's ending the
story.  But it really hurts when in real life no such magic  occurs.
I have to guess I repressed this passage (twice) because of the pain it
represents.

Thanks for the personal concern, also.
I'm OK.  I was trapped all right in '78, and things went downhill for  13
years to a very low point...but I got away in '91.   My recent  involvement with
the MoQ seems to be leading me to explore what happened more,  but sometimes
still I think it's all best left buried.

Again, I have to apologize to everyone for being off point of the theism
discussion for this brief personal tangent.
The essays & discussions are stimulating to the point of sleep  reduction,
i.e. excellent.

I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to tag  along.

TC