[MF] R: R: the way forward for MoQ discussion lists

Marco.bonarelli at grupposistema.it Marco.bonarelli at grupposistema.it
Mon Nov 7 10:37:35 PST 2005

Hi all,

some comments on the "way forward", then some line to thanks a lot of old
friends :-), and a final p.s. for Lorenz Gude.

First, the comments....

WIM
> Why would separate 'rooms'/fora work better than different threads on MD
or different topics on MF?

actually my "room" suggestion comes from my personal experience.

1) As many, apparently, I can't cope with the MD traffic (despite the rules
of my email client). On the other side, MF seems not so interesting the most
times. According to the mot "in medio stat virtus" (RT is in the middle) I
think that having 6/7 MFs would be better.

2) My experience is that the discussion groups where I interact more happily
are on-line (via browser, not e-mail... but this is a minor point) and
subdivided in main topics: within the topics there are threads, and I can
subscribe even a single thread.

Then, I think this is good for discussing. For a "static latch" we could
explore wiki... even if I think the papers on the web site are already a
good method.

About the "room list" I suggested, it was just what I had in mind in that
moment.

I agree with
HORSE
> One subject that's missing from the list of for a is MoQ
> and Law - any thoughts?
Good suggestion, indeed.

But not with
ERIN
> We could divide these rooms into levels that relate to the MOQ...
> Intellectual Level
> MOQ and Philosophy room
> Social Level
> MOQ and Politics room
> MOQ and Economy room
> MOQ and Religion room
> Biological and Inorganic Level
> MOQ and Science room
> MOQ and Technology room
> DQ bar
> MOQ and Art
> MOQ and Everyday Life

Well, usually I don't discuss of art at my favourite bar... :-) and anyway
the point is that I well remember the infinite discussions "is art
intellectual?"... "is religion social?" and so on. I guess that in the
"Philosophy" room we will re-open dozens of discussions about the levels.
Putting these rooms into levels is IMO forcing an answer. ;-)

Finally,
SAM
> I'd quite like to have a distinct 'MoQ from a Christian
> perspective' stream - distinct from a 'MoQ and
> mythology/religion' stream

Hmmm.... I think "MOQ and Religion" is enough and that "The MoQ from a
Christian perspective" should be a thread within the "religion" room.  In my
very humble opinion, nowadays there should not be... room for a
religion-based division.... I know this is not Sam's and Maggie's will, but
please, let's not give any space to a separated "Room for Christians"!

And now, let me thank all my old friends (hope I don't forget anyone) Wim,
Rick, Horse, Magnus, Jonathan, Sam, Maggie, Erin.

WIM
> I was on holiday in Italy last summer (in Terontola, near Cortona).
> Didn't see you there (I think). (-:
No, I was not in Tuscany last summer. But I love Cortona, and I'm sure you
had good times.

RICK
> First, a warm hello to our old cohort Marco (hey Marco, great
> to hear from you, hope all is well is with the wife and daughter).
> Second (but not, in anyway less) a whole hearted congratulations
> to Paul (and unnamed wife) on the birth of their second child.
Hi Rick.... well "daughters", actually. The second one, Sofia, was
born exactly 9 months ago  :-) :-)
A hard beautiful job, Paul, isn't it?

HORSE
> Great to hear from some of the old Lila Squad - I
> was wondering where you were hiding.
Well, I told you. I've been captured by a GIANT :-) Thanks DQ, I have a good
Q-map to cope with it!

Ciao,
Marco

p.s.

for Lorenz Gude

Four years ago I had the pleasure to translate your 1998 "Dharmakaya Light"
essay for the Italian version of the forum. I could not find your mail
address, so I did not tell you that you can see it at
http://www.moq.org/italia/forum/drmakya_it.html

BTW I found it great.
Take care, M