[MF] the way forward for MoQ discussion lists

ian glendinning psybertron at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 02:09:23 PST 2005

Sam and others have recently suggested more modern on-line forum
styles. I'm all for these, and use many different ones. For
conversational on-line forums these are great, but ...

I see two issues,
One - Horse has clearly decided to pursue mail-server style
technology. His choice as he's volunteering to administer it.
Two - we have this split need between slower, considered subject
debate forum (like the current MF) and a more immediate conversational
medium - like some of us currently use MD

Are we gravitating towards

An MF forum (multiple per subject stream as necessary) with a slower
moderated mail-server style, and
A new MD conversational discussion forum, with few holds barred except
rules of relevance and honest morality. (also used as a news update
vehicle for the MF domain and the permanet web-site contents.)

A blend of both worlds ?

Ian