[MF] the way forward for MoQ discussion lists

Wim Nusselder wim.nusselder at antenna.nl
Mon Nov 7 10:36:22 PST 2005

Dear Sam,

I don't think an MD list as at present and MF replaced by several 'themed'
streams would work. The problem now is that MD takes too much energy from
too many people and bled MF to dead.
In my opinion MD has to be slowed down in order to make the alternative MF
work. Let those with excess time have a chat box if they want.
Well, on second thoughts... adding a chat box to the (unchanged) MD might
also do the trick. It might take the chatter out of it and prevent those "on
a slower, more considered, correspondence cycle" (as Ian described it 2 Nov
2:31 +0800 on MD) from being swamped out.

I wouldn't be able to distinguish 'MoQ from a Christian perspective' from
'MoQ and mysticism/mythology/religion' as from my perspective true religion,
including true Christianity, including that which I recognize as valuable in
Anglicanism, IS mystical.
Mystical in the sense of the following definitions of 'mystical' that I
found in online dictionaries:
- "having a divine meaning that is beyond human understanding" Encarta
- "having a spiritual significance that transcends human understanding"
Compact Oxford
- "a : having a spiritual meaning or reality that is neither apparent to the
senses nor obvious to the intelligence <the mystical food of the sacrament>
b : involving or having the nature of an individual's direct subjective
communion with God or ultimate reality <the mystical experience of the Inner
Light>" Merriam-Webster.
I guess Merriam-Websters translation a appeals most to you, whereas
translation b appeals most to me, but it is not something accidental that
these translations belong to the same word...

With friendly greetings,

Wim