[MF] the way forward for MoQ discussion lists

Gert-Jan Peeters gjpeeters at home.nl
Mon Nov 7 14:06:42 PST 2005

Marco.bonarelli at grupposistema.it wrote:

Then, I think this is good for discussing. For a "static latch" we could
explore wiki... even if I think the papers on the web site are already a
good method.

-- There is allready a Wiki active.. Look at moq.org on the right of the screen or follow this link to find it. http://grat.dyndns.org/moq/pmwiki.php  <http://grat.dyndns.org/moq/pmwiki.php>

If you want to:
* easily moderate all posts
* visualize all topics (like a tree)
* add, move, remove, and split topics
* split the chatting from the latching
* warn, and even ban members
* summurize or remove old posts
* ..just start and see how your threads/rooms evolve..

You should seriously consider a forum (database software) like the one found on phpbb.com or something similar.
Why not set it up (as your provider has php functions allowed) and mention it on the website. Lets just see what happens.
Setting up such software only takes 30 minutes when following the guide.

You can also give some trustworthy old timers 'rights' to moderate a little spot on the forum to moderate. This way you share responsibility and you have more quality with less work.. especially if you are not that interested in some of the members posts..

GJ