[MF] the way forward for MoQ discussion lists

Horse horse at darkstar.uk.net
Sun Nov 20 17:17:06 PST 2005

Hi Sam and Focussers

On 20 Nov 2005 at 12:36, Sam Norton wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> > I'd suggest that initially we set up 5 or 6 new forums and see how they go.
> > These would
> > be in addition to MD which remains as a general MoQ discussion area.Once a
> > discussion indicates it's direction the thread should move out to the relevant
> > area. MF
> > can be put to sleep unless there is sufficient interest in it continuing as an
> > area for
> > discussions such as this - i.e. a single theme with a specific point. Also
> > needed will be
> > people who are willing to administer these lists.
>

> So how do we now move forward?

By further discussion I guess.
The point of my last post was to try and get the discussion back on track - not to derail
it! My concern was that we went from an initial suggestion of an additional few mailing
lists to augment our current pair to having more lists than you can shake a stick at.
Obviously that's just my interpretation so feel free to shoot me down.
One of the points I raised in the section you quoted above is that we will need
administrators for new lists. From what I've seen so far it's pretty easy to administer a list
once it's been set up. It's all web based so it doesn't need arcane command line
knowledge - just a bit of common sense. I actually do the tricky bits when I do the setup.
Any help needed will be provided.

So let's get the discussion going again shall we. How would you all like to proceed?
Shall we break it down into different area's or....

Horse