[MF] reality: interactions or quality?

MarshaV marshalz at charter.net
Thu Feb 16 04:14:40 PST 2006

At 05:43 AM 2/16/2006, you wrote:

><snip>
>
> >> I'd say the definition is pretty straight forward for people who know
> >> what a fish is.  I suspect they'd say something like the smell of a fish
> >> is how a fish smells.
> >
> > Are you saying it is based on experience?
>
>I'm saying a definition has to mean something.
>
>We're talking about the meaning of the Metaphysics of Quality, right?
>And whether or not it answers the question, "what is quality?"

Isn't a definition/meaning a thing?  How does a definition become a
thing?  Isn't it because there is some value (quality) initiating its
creation?

> >> If we ask people who know what the Metaphysics of Quality is to tell
> >> us whether or not the Metaphysics of Quality is valuable, should we
> >> expect everyone to give us the same answer?
> >
> > If they know the MOQ, it will have value.  The degree of value, as
> > assigned by an individual, will be subjective.
>
>I take it that by "as assigned by" you mean "as measured by."  It's a
>subtle point but I think it's worth mentioning because of the distinction
>within the Metaphysics of Quality between "the source of all things" and
>"the measure of all things."

Quality is the source, measurement (positive or negative) is an add on.

>You say, "If they know the MOQ, it will have value."  I was thinking more
>along the lines of people who understand what the Metaphysics of
>Quality says but who nevertheless don't buy it for one reason or another.
>
>According to the Metaphysics of Quality, is it possible to have a clear
>and correct understanding of the Metaphysics of Quality yet find little or
>no value in it?

Humans are a bundle of embedded static quality.  Based on an
individual's static quality they will measure a thing, including a
theory of metaphysics, positive or negative.  Some individuals will
not buy it, or not buy parts of it.  Where's the problem?   Is
somebody going to kill you, if you don't except it.  -  Ohhh.  Don't
worry.  The MOQ is not a religion.

> >> Is the MOQ whatever you like it to be or is there something absolute
> >> about it?
> >
> > Holy Mackerel!!!  The word <absolute> smells as fishy as the word
> > <THE>.
> >
> > Can you know anything is absolute?  Is not everything in a state of
> > change?
> >
> > There is a moral structure within the MOQ.
>
>Within the Metaphysics of Quality, is "Quality is the source of all things"
>not an absolute?

  Within the MOQ, Quality is the source of all things.  I can only
speak for myself when I state that the MOQ is a better worldview.  I
don't accept the concept of absolutes.

Marsha