[MF] Onward and downward!

Kevin Perez juan825diego at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 19 04:34:49 PST 2006

Steve,

You wrote, "[...] Interesting coincidence that you mention a song Kevin; I
have JUST finished writing up an email about what I consider to be one of
THE most powerful songs ever written (& sung), but it's on the negative
side of love - 'The winner takes it all' by ABBA."

Some would say (e.g., James Fowler, a la Stages of Faith) and I would
agree that it's how we respond to such conincidences that speaks to our
faith.  Not that such coincidences have within themselves any power, but
rather it's the meaning or lack of meaning we create from them that
speaks to their affect on us.  For example, it may mean one thing to a
five year-old who still believes in Santa Claus.  It may mean something
entirely different to a 50 year-old Buddhist monk and still something
completely different to a 60 year-old atheist from the Bronx.

Kevin