[MF] reality: interactions or quality?

ian glendinning psybertron at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 04:32:03 PST 2006

Sam ?

Not a question of being balanced for the sake of it - but sincerely
for being closer to truth. I'd expect Platt to label me as a
sitting-on-the-fence-liberal, but I know you know better, even though
you're as human as the rest of us :-)

Not sure why you adressed that response to me Sam, since you know I
already completely agree with you about misguided criticisms of
religion (and misguided things done in it's name, by some doubtful
characters with doubtful motives over several millenia). I criticise
the criticisers too - in public - frequently - Dawkins, the lot, etc,
as you know.

I'd suggested that since Marsha had expressed the "aggressive
assertion of the modernist worldview" (I really don't believe I've
expressed that view) perhaps you should explain (which you have).

Anyway - my only point was to suggest that you hung yourself on your
own petard - by bringing in the idea of understanding a thing by what
is done in the name of the thing. I know you work very hard beyond
your day job, but I felt you owe it to us all to help redress the
"meme" of dreadful things that have been done in the name of "love" as
distinct from what love really is. Let's work together on this.

(We agree on all counts, I think you'll find. The only
metaphor-too-far that I currently see is the personal intelligent
purposeful deity as any kind of first cause .... where we have things
to discuss .... another day.)

See ya ;-)
Ian