[MF] MOQ: valuable or not?

Kevin Perez juan825diego at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 02:25:25 PST 2006

Sam,

Re: Seeking "the highest quality intellectual explanation of things [...]
until something better comes along." (Lila, p. 99.)

For some this is the Metaphysics of Quality.  For others it's something
else.  But whatever it is it seems to me that there should be a common
element to the many processes by which people discover their
explanations (or the explanations find them), i.e., a common journey
along many different paths.  I guess I'm thinking archetypes.  The hero's
journey as explained by Joseph Campbell is a favorite.  Whether we
look at Odysseus' twenty years on the sea or Moses' forty years in the
desert or Dorothy's walk to the Emerald City or our own travels through
life we see common themes; trials, tribulations, temptations, crises,
pain, love, birth and death.

How we got here and where we're going are mysteries.  Some are
content to sit back and watch from a distance.  While others -- like
everyone I've had the pleasure to meet here -- roll up their sleeves and
get their hands dirty.

I love it!

Thanks to everyone for the pleasure of this shared experience.

Kevin