[MF] MOQ: valuable or not?

Kevin Perez juan825diego at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 02:57:08 PST 2006

Steve,

> Hi all; I went for a long drive in the country today, and took notice of a
> very common sign outside of a church;
>
> It simply said 'GOD IS LOVE'
>
> ...I wondered as I pondered it, where that would fit into our [typical]
> MOQ discussions...I wonder what Pirsigs' stance on that statement
> would be...Anyone?

The following words of Paul of Tarsus spoken almost two thousand years
ago to the early Christians in Corinth seem to me to be appropriate to the
discussion.

     If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love,
     I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.  If I have the gift of
     prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all
     faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
     And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my
     body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.  Love is
     patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not
     arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not
     provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not
     rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all
     things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  Love
     never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if
     there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be
     done away.

Kevin