[MF] MOQ: valuable or not?

Muzikhed at aol.com Muzikhed at aol.com
Wed Feb 22 05:12:34 PST 2006

Kevin wrote:

For some this  is the Metaphysics of Quality.  For others it's something
else.   But whatever it is it seems to me that there should be a common
element to  the many processes by which people discover their
explanations (or the  explanations find them), i.e., a common journey
along many different  paths.  I guess I'm thinking archetypes.  The hero's
journey as  explained by Joseph Campbell is a favorite.  Whether we
look at  Odysseus' twenty years on the sea or Moses' forty years in the
desert or  Dorothy's walk to the Emerald City or our own travels through
life we see  common themes; trials, tribulations, temptations, crises,
pain, love, birth  and death.

How we got here and where we're going are  mysteries.  Some are
content to sit back and watch from a  distance.  While others -- like
everyone I've had the pleasure to meet  here -- roll up their sleeves and
get their hands dirty.

I  love it!

In these things, Kevin we do agree!   As I said in one of my  first threads,
one of my highest values is that each person has equal validity  in their own
search for truth, reality, or the higher powers as they see  them.
Agreement that the MoQ is viewed as temporary, not  ultimate, seemed to open the door
to remembering this, our significant  point of agreement!

Ted