[MF] MOQ: valuable or not?

Muzikhed at aol.com Muzikhed at aol.com
Wed Feb 22 05:14:35 PST 2006

This is odd = some of these words are mine, but they came to me from
smackc4, (Marsha), not from me...)  have we overloaded the MF ?

There  was an earlier thread today, by Steve who was responding to   Marsha:

"You're talking it seems, of the TYPICAL 'High & positive  quality'  concept
of
love, as in male/female [or same sex] 'extreme'  liking of the other  person
and ideally of each other.  What if  one was an abused [sexually,  physically
or
mentally] child and HATED  the actions of a parent/guardian, yet  throughout
one's life, is  still able to [honestly] state, that they 'loved'  their
abusing
parent, despite these actions?"

Ted says : these were my words:

I  tend to lead toward Steve,  here.  If you imagine love to be a lot  like c
aring, I think it's easy  to see that one can care for, and  love, something
that
is not positive.   The act of loving, and  caring, seem to be always positive
acts, almost  by definition.

Thus, it is quite possible to love (a verb) something you   'hate', in fact,
that is the advice of Ghandi, and also Jesus, if I have  it  right.    It may
be the trick is de-verbifying  'hate'.  It's a  bit harder to love something
you are actively  "hatin' on."  First let it  be.  Then love  it.
I may have said more, but ??? I'll look to resend ??  It was a late  night!
The MF is set to explode!

Ted

Ted