[MF] reality: interactions or quality?

Steve Mack smackc4 at optusnet.com.au
Sun Feb 26 17:39:59 PST 2006

Hi Ted,

I'm using YOUR post to reply to as it's the least involved or retaliatory that I have read of late, but really, this is 'TO ALL';

As Ted has stated, I too joined this 'forum' only a month or so ago simply because in the post publication review of 'Zen…' the reference to the email forum was listed.  For quite a while, I was enjoying the discussion, whether it was actively responding or just reading.  NOW the content to me, seems to have [as I stated a week ago] strayed SO FAR off the topic of MOQ & into the realms of religious discussion, that I have found I do not possess the interest to thoroughly read all of the quotes & re-quotes, nor the bantering back and forth peoples ideals of what should or shouldn’t be pondered religiously.

PERSONALLY, I have NO INTEREST in reading these to and fro's about religion.  That’s NOT to say that I don’t at all think that to some, religion bares a very real place in the MOQ discussion, nor peoples right to speak freely about it, just that there are I'm sure, THOUSANDS of 'forums' where religion and peoples views about same can be openly discussed [or argued].

I HAVE read Pirsigs' book and the whole concept of metaphysics of quality WAS the focal point of 'Zen' & this email forum's 'love child'.

This is not aimed at any one person but I am overall quite disappointed that for some, this arena has become a slander match against others.  The rest of us who have remained fairly silent of late, I'm reasonably confident, have likewise had enough of this behaviour & degradation of the topic as well.

If it doesn't revert to its former prime focus, for what it counts, I'll be opting out of the 'ball game'.

Best regards to all,

Steve