[MF] What are people?

Muzikhed at aol.com Muzikhed at aol.com
Wed Jan 4 07:33:59 PST 2006

Kevin, you said:

But I'm a theist, which is why I suppose relationships interest me  so much
(and vice
versa)

Tying the last two topics together, then,

Why does your belief in God lead you to this interest in relationships, and
(vice versa)
 how does an interest in relationships support your belief in  God?

To me, the omni-presence of relationships doesn't imply God, rather it fits
well with the MoQ, for me...    relationship is the quality event  - the
expression of preference, the value interaction -    perhaps the difference is that
I feel that the relationship is not between  "permanent objects" in my
interpretation of the MoQ (so far), the  relationship is between relationships...
   In physics /chemistry, in atoms, the proton and electron have  a
'distance' relationship which represents an equilibrium between  opposing 'forces'  -
but 'distance' and 'force' are ultimately  undefined - similar with molecules:
atomics having values, making 'choices',  having preferences for certain
'distance' relationships, again based on  'forces'.  But again, 'the idea of
'force' (in modern physics and  in Value Metaphysics) is nothing more than a handy
way of thinking about  the underlying values of the sub-patterns involved.

  The S/O error is in believing that the things that are relating  are fixed
'objects' - I guess the problem MoQ people might have  with 'relationships' is
that the word implies interaction between two  permanent objects.   Time does
seem to be an issue.
Dynamic quality is an event   Static Quality involves temporal  relationships
?
People, as Static Quality, have temporal relationships with other  people.

I quess when I said;

...Since IT's ALL relationships, and 'people' are a part of    IT.

I implied that there is a constant interaction between the dynamic and the
static.
The static is a temporal hold on the dynamic, but the dynamic is always
there, always active.
That inter-penetration of space and time in the Suzuki quote which  parallels
the space-time model of physics.

People are part of the ongoing IT (Static + Dynamic Quality)  A  relationship
refers to a temporal series of dynamic value  interactions between static
value systems.

In that sense, everything is always in relationship to everything  else...
think of this:
In order for us to see light from distant galaxies, it must be true that
every cubic cm of 'space' must be actively 'processing' the information  - the
radiation - each cubic cm must constantly process all lightfrom every star  in
the universe, and all other energy passing through it in every direction  !
That's an active universe!     And similarly  with that 'Gravity' thing.

All, right, I've got to get to work.
Kevin, I'd love to know in 100 words or less your definition of God.

I did my best to stay on topic this time...
Thanks for listening, everbody.

Ted