[MF] faith, hope and love

Muzikhed at aol.com Muzikhed at aol.com
Sun Jan 22 17:11:11 PST 2006

Kevin:
  The conversation has been interesting.  I thought things  were going OK
until faith entered the picture.  Then I started to  wonder if you had a secret
agenda.  Your first story from a Christian  source gave this suspicion, but you
did not at first analyze it, so I did not  jump to conclusions.    It was
just a story  about people, a relationship example you wanted to discuss.   I
guess I just couldn't read between your lines well enough,  so tried to draw out
your ideas so that I could see what they were more  clearly.    The questions
of faith list was where it really came  out.  This triggered a lengthy
response that you probably haven't gotten  yet...!
  I declared early on in my [MF] involvement  that I believe I understand the
MoQ, and it is the best model of  reality I've found.  And that I'm a-theist.
   So,  given those, it should be no surprise that I'm in pretty good
agreement with dmb  on the ideas that we're discussing, although I have much less
experience  discussing it, and I probably wouldn't be as blunt.
I think everyone has full right to define their own reality.    There are
ways that people have been hurt by faith, however, and as a Christian  you might
be interested in those ways.

Hopefully my longest post will indeed post, and perhaps it will be  more
clear to you why I'm so touchy on the specific topic of Christianity.   For many
of us, it's been something to heal from, not rejoice in.

  I have learned a great deal here, and value the opportunity, despite  the
inevitable conflicts.

Ted