[MF] faith, hope and love

Kevin Perez juan825diego at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 15:30:40 PST 2006

    Marty,

  Thanks for the feedback.

  I'd like to learn more about thoughts on this subject.

  You wrote,

> My point is that we can always attribute an event to something or other, but
> attributing it doesn't make it true.  Saying that I win because I have good
> luck doesn't say anything about what good luck is or even if it exists - it
> just says that I claim I have it; it can't be refuted or denied, but it's
> meaning is empty.

  What would you say is the basis for true meaning?  Does meaning, assuming
  it is possible for an observer to apprehend it, require some orientation or
  disposition or effort on the part of the observer?  And if this observer chooses
  not to make the effort is the meaning empty for all observers?

  Thanks.

  Kevin