[MF] Dharmakaya light

Lorenz Gude lgude at fastmail.fm
Wed Mar 8 06:10:11 PST 2006

Hi Ted and Maggie and all,

I was delighted to see there was some interest in this topic that for
obvious reasons interests me. I have been a professional photographer
which makes one much more conscious of light. It is literally the light
that comes through the lens that makes the photograph and it is usually
the single most important  factor. I enjoyed and my understanding
furthered reading about both of your experiences with light. They made
me realize that I had some experiences like yours that I hadn't quite
recognized. That cultural filter is still hard at work.

I wanted to share images too and I can do that by putting a couple of
landscapes on my blog. I've made them with Bryce5 - a 3d program for
people like me who can't draw. Using it is somewhere between photography
and painting. I don't have to worry about drawing just like photography,
but I get to build up the image object by object and choose color and
texture like a painter.

I don't want to move anything but the image off this discussion forum
because of the no attachments, no HTML email rule - which I expect
exists for good reasons. The images are here:

http://www.yankeewombat.com/?p=69

Light is important in both images but in the first predominantly yellow
picture I think I have produced a kind of overly Romantic result that
does not reflect direct experiences I have had with the Dharmakaya
Light. It is true to the feeling of some experiences of early morning
light involving water, but the second catches the special quality I
associate with the Dharmakaya Light much better. Significantly I easily
forget the first image until I see it again. The second is always there
in my memory.

If Ted or others want to send me an image or two I can use my blog as a
temporary way to communicate visually. Its new and I have few readers so
its no biggie. If you want to react to my blogplease use the comments on
the blog, not the MOQ forum. Better if we had a separate space, but to
keep the flow going this will do for the moment. Its best if you
compress any image yourself but I can compress images before posting  if
you don't know how.  Either way just send them directly to my e-mail
address at the top of this post.

Lorenz Gude