[MD] Essentialism and the MOQ

MarshaV marshalz at charter.net
Sat Dec 2 06:28:47 PST 2006

At 04:13 PM 12/1/2006, SA wrote:
>Yet, I warn everybody, I am
>under the influence of Dogen right now, and to me,
>this is all making sense in the Way I'm putting this
>across with some help from Dogen.  Tomorrow, it might
>be a little birdy told me, we'll see.

SA,

You do make me giggle.  Do you know Wagner's the Ring Cycle?  In the
third opera, Siegfried (Aaaaah, Siegfried...), there is the part
often labeled 'forest mummers' where the birds talk to him.  It is
incredibly beautiful and sends shivers up and down my spine.  There's
some sq that is very near to my heart.  Wonderful
composer!  Wonderful story and wonderful music!

Blessed is he who understands the song of the Woodbird.

Marsha