[MD] Essentialism and the MOQ

David M davidint at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Dec 2 11:02:03 PST 2006

>     [DM]
>> I'd suggest that SQ is what you get when DQ
>> withdraws.
>
>     When no-dq is noticed, then all we notice is sq.
> Is that what you're sayin'?

DM: noticing SQ means DQ is absent.

>     [DM]
>> DQ is full of possibilities a portal
>> to the infinite.
>
>     Dq full of possiblities, even the possibility
> that it is not a possiblity and not a portal to the
> infinite.

DM: Can't see any sense in that.

>     [DM]
>> What has duration is finite, i.e
>> a subset of the infinite.
>
>     I'm smelling the meaning here, but to prevent any
> hung-ups, infinite would have no subsets.

DM: If that were true we would not know this finite world.
Unless what we are is a  sort of block to what is entirely
infinite, so the world is finite for us due to our human limits.

>     [DM]
>> SQ is the denial of
>> change,
>
>     Yes, sq is all latch, hold, and stay.  Yet, water
> flowing is a static event.  I find it easier for me to
> notice 'anything' defined as sq, and 'anything'
> not-defined as dq.  Thus, once I defined 'anything'
> that I never knew about, I notice sq now with the
> definition, and assume that this 'anything' was once
> not-defined, thus, dq.

DM: DQ should always challenge our SQ linked
expectations, having no expectations will help open
more openings for DQ

>     [DM]
>> it is the same again, it repeats what has emerged
>> from DQ until it is time to disemerge. For now SQ
>> endures, it hangs arounds, it sustains, it can build
>> a house of cards, it is a firework with many levels.
>
>     Change is sq would be correct, for all the
> universe changes, nothing is constant.  Any physical
> forces, such as gravity, would come as close to
> absolute 'hanging around' or 'sustaining'.  Yet, the
> forces of gravity shifts geographically.  Speed of
> light is constant, Einstein says.  Yet, isn't it true
> that in quantum physics to know where light is, the
> velocity is uncertain.  All can then be dq.  Thus, the
> valuing, the practice of perspective and how we are
> comparing what is more sq than dq by noticing
> 'something' else that is more dq than sq.  So, here is
> quality being sq and dq.  So all is dq, but practicing
> quality on a daily and nightly basis I'm going to have
> to provide definition to something here at one point
> or another, so, I'll say trees are static patterns,
> yet, I know I'm sittin' with a quality perspective as
> I say this about trees, which only means I understand
> that the trees are dq.

DM: Yet what is individual about any such e-venting
of a tree is DQ. There is much to value in what is
new and unique and fleeting and never repeats.
We also mourn those possibilities that we walk
away from, never emerged, and remain as might have beens.