[MD] Quantum Physics

Ant McWatt antmcwatt at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Dec 2 18:28:50 PST 2006

Ant stated December 2nd:

Regarding the MOQ, I think it would be better to say that quantum physics is
solely concerned with explaining and manipulating inorganic static quality
patterns _at the micro-level_ rather than the interaction-point between
_all_ DQ and SQ.

To say quantum physics is “The interaction point between [all] DQ and SQ”
doesn’t seem to lay right with me as that same sentence could be describing
the continual interaction between an artist and a canvass or other
interactions which are part of the macro world (for instance, in the
biological and social realms) rather [than] the micro world.  In other
words, the definition you give above is too reductionist (towards
ontological materialism)!

Spiritual Adirondack noted:

>Not if you are aware that the code of art is an
>event for all levels, as dq is split from sq…

SA,

I think from the conventional view of the MOQ, you are conflating the code
of Art with the Quality Event.  A Quality Event can follow a static path
(i.e. what has been traditionally regarded as good) _or_ a new Dynamic “code
of Art” path (which has never been tried before).  Moreover, as I noted in
my original comment above, there are better explanations for most macro
scale behaviour than those provided by quantum mechanics.  For instance,
does an anthropologist or a politician have any use for quantum theory (or
even physics) in understanding social patterns of value?  And even within
the field of physics, Newtonian mechanics is sometimes better to use than
quantum mechanics when calculating the movement of relatively large scale
objects (because its formulae are simpler and quicker to use).

The assumption that quantum physics is “The interaction point between [all]
DQ and SQ” reminds me of the consciousness “problem” of all these SOM
philosophers who forget that quantum mechanics is simply a _ provisional_
set of concepts that (presently) work fine when dealing with micro scale
inorganic static patterns rather than the _“literal”_ way things are.  That
quantum mechanics is not integrated with the Theory of Relativity indicates
that a better set of concepts (in a “Grand Unified Theory”) will almost
certainly arrive eventually.

Best wishes (for the wood),

Anthony.

.