[MD] Sneddon Thesis

Platt Holden pholden at davtv.com
Fri Dec 8 12:40:40 PST 2006

Hi Ant,

Thanks for making available Part I of Sneddon's MA thesis. In it he
describes Quality and Dynamic Quality variously as:

 -- a stimulus which our environment puts upon us
 -- a stimulus upon nature as a whole
 -- a stimulus to change
 -- the feeling that drives upwards
 -- an upward urge
 -- the present moment responds only to a feeling
 -- forward, upward urge of evolution

This is new descriptive vocabulary to me. It suggests the existence of
an undefined, undifferentiated, omnipresent force or energy in the
universe that we humans recognize by an emotional response.

Does this accurately reflect your understanding of the MOQ? Do
Sneddon's words -- stimulus, urge, feeling -- ring true to you?

Thanks.

Best wishes,
Platt