[MD] Social Imposition ?

pholden at davtv.com pholden at davtv.com
Fri Dec 22 06:43:46 PST 2006

Quoting Heather Perella <spiritualadirondack at yahoo.com>:

>      [Platt]
> > I thought two or more people was a crowd.
>
>     Yeap, and that's a society.  A celebrity draws a
> big crowd, too.  The intent of the MoQ is that an
> intellectual could enlighten a society and help a
> society better than just a popular person.

Twins qualify as a society? I don't think so. Neither does a mosh pit.

>      [Platt]
> > And I hope
> > you aren't comparing
> > human beings to insects.
>
>      I'm just talking about societies.  Some societies
> are more enlightened than others.  Human societies are
> aware and more intellectual than insects, obviously.
> Human societies would differ from bee societies.  Yet,
> basically a society is two or more people or queen
> bees and worker bees, yet, there are many different
> kinds of societies, human, insect, etc... and
> different kinds of human societies, etc..  We could
> narrow societies all the way down to a human married
> couple, hence the building block of a society, a male
> and female who may have a baby.

In the MOQ, the social level is about humans only. It includes the institution of
marriage but is not defined by a married couple. Thinking of humans
as insects and other forms of vermin has led to all sorts of atrocities. I'm
surprised you make the comparison.