[MD] Reading & Comprehension

skutvik at online.no skutvik at online.no
Mon May 3 08:49:56 PDT 2010

Andre

I hoped things would calm down after this weekend, but .....

3 May.

Bodvar before:

> One can get too smart-ass. About the MOQ as a (subjective)
> representation of reality" in contrast to "the MOQ as (objective)
> reality" reflects SOM and I recommend ZAMM's Newton parable. His
> theory created the Gravity Reality and the MOQ will create the Quality
> Reality .. when it's rid of its crypto--SOMists;-)  Regrettable
> Pirsig's Quality/MOQ meta-metaphysics also reflects SOM.

> Andre:
> How can you say that the MOQ is something 'subjective' when I point
> out that the MOQ is a metaphysical representation of reality and not
> the reality it represents. It is an intellectual PoV.

I know you didn't use the words subjective or objective, and I also
know that you (and Pirsig) say that the MOQ is static and Quality is
dynamic and IMO this invokes SOM's  Quality the real thing "out
there", with SOM the irreality "in here".

I hinted to Newton's Gravity Theory that crystallized physics into a
state where gravity had been from eternity. The MOQ  crystallizes
metaphysics into a state where Quality have been from eternity, but
THIS QUALITY IS THE DQ OF THE DQ/SQ CONFIGURATION, not a
still more dynamic article that has the MOQ as its counterpoint..

> Reality is direct experience.

This is DMB's, but if it means that there is some indirect experience,
you will see an uncanny likeness with Socrates', Plato's and Aristotle's
(i.e. SOM) one TRUE and one ILLUSORY REALITY. No, the MOQ
postulates a DQ/SQ divide where the first static fall-out was the
universe itself. The MOQ wasn't meant to stay forever inside the
academical realm, but like Newton's insight it was meant to go out to
crystallize a new metaphysics - a new reality - where academy is
supposed to become its 4th. level.

> Nothing smart-arsed about this. You are the one who claims that the
> MOQ=Reality. In the MOQ there are no objects or subjects... there are
> patterns of value.

I wish I understood your understanding of my understanding. Yes the
MOQ is a new metaphysics in the true "no one can avoid [meaning be
outside a] metaphysics" sense. In other words the MOQ is reality, but it
has no irreal counterpart, THAT dualism was SOM, now turned into
the static value of its 4th. level!

> The good old SOM objects have been transformed into
> inorganic and organic PoV's and subjects have been transformed into
> social and intellectual PoV's. I know that you consider this
> configurations one of Pirsig's enormities, but there you have it.

Not exactly an "enormity", but it's not how SOM is "tucked in under" the
MOQ.

> And when you say that 'the MOQ will create the Quality reality' what
> do you mean? The Quality reality is right now Bodvar, right this very
> moment... all you gotta do is listen to the sound of that Quality.

The sound coming from your new-fangled mentor grates my Q-nerves.

Bodvar