[MD] Emerson for Marsha

MarshaV valkyr at att.net
Wed May 5 10:03:28 PDT 2010

Greetings Matt,

I do like the Emerson quote.  I think I should enjoy
reading such an author.  A choice of words of such
similar meaning is hardly a difference.  I suppose I
choose to stick with relative because it is often used
in Buddhism.  Conventional truth is often called
relative truth, such as, "Another related doctrine is that
of the Two Truths, absolute and relative truth. Relative
truth is the conventional way we perceive reality; absolute
truth is shunyata (Emptiness). From the perspective of the
relative, appearances and phenomena are real. From the
perspective of the absolute, appearances and
phenomena are not real. Both perspectives are true."
I suppose I'm prejudiced towards a Buddhist
perspective.  Either way, I'd be happy to be on
the same hiking trail with you.

It is nice for a change to note similarity, rather than
difference.

Marsha

p.s.
The source of the quote: