[MD] e: Reading & Comprehension

MarshaV valkyr at att.net
Wed May 12 02:24:57 PDT 2010

On May 11, 2010, at 11:32 PM, ARLO J BENSINGER JR wrote:

> [Marsha previously]
> ... all intellectual patterns are SOM.  Intellectual patterns are misconceived
> as independent self and other.
>
> [Arlo]
> Hence, ALL intellectual patterns are misconceived, as this "misconception"
> defines SOM.
>
> Again, if ALL intellectual patterns are SOM, there is no conflict in ZMM as
> both the Sophists and Aristotle were peddling the same SOM-Intellect.
>
> [Marsha]
> What?
>
> [Arlo]
> ".. all intellectual patterns are SOM."
>
> "Intellectual patterns are misconceived as independent self and other".
>
> These two sentences say the exact same thing.
>
> SOM = conceived as independent self and other.
>
> Hence, all intellectual patterns are misconceived as independent self and other.
>
> Again, if this is the case... if ALL intellect is SOM by definition... then
> where is the conflict in ZMM between the Sophists and Aristotle? BOTH were
> peddling SOM.

Arlo,

I agree the two sentences may seem similar, but they are not the same.

I having been addressing intellectual static patterns of value.  I do not know how
you are using "intellect", but it confuses the issue.  -  We have strayed far from my
questioning your "elevation/inferior dichotomy" and I am presently not prepared
to discuss the Sophists versus Aristotle;  I don't get your point.  And you seem to
be missed mine too.

Thanks for the time and interest.

Marsha

___