[MD] the sophists

Arlo Bensinger ajb102 at psu.edu
Fri May 14 07:15:46 PDT 2010

[Marsha]
Your interpretation is, I'm sure, quite clear to you.  Mine is quite
clear to me.

[Arlo]
Actually, I think he is condemning lemon meringue pie, and that's
quite clear to me, la-la-la-la-la-la...

""Man is not the source of all things, as the subjective idealists
would say. Nor is he the passive observer of all things, as the
objective idealists and materialists would say." (ZMM)

Yeah, you're right, this has nothing to do with "SOM", or how the
Sophists were advancing a non-S/O intellectual understanding. I think
he is saying he likes vanilla ice cream with his apple pie.

[Marsha]
It is not rationalizing my way out of a dialogue, but quitting a fools game.

[Arlo]
I think the point of the book was that a "game" is how you play it.
If you want it to be about escape and denial, then that's what it
will be about.

[Marsha]
Bye...

[Arlo]