[MD] The Gulfs between me and Disneyland

John Carl ridgecoyote at gmail.com
Wed May 26 12:40:13 PDT 2010

By "gulfs"  I'm intending you understand this pertains somewhat to a post I
sent to Marsha a day or so back, of  two videos.

One video was a beautiful work of art, a presentation of the power of the
Gulf of Persia - the oil wealth spent on aesthetic excellence by the princes
of Dubai. Fountains and colors in a water dance at night.  Reminded me of
Las Vegas.

The other, also with a certain aesthetic appeal, the gushing leak as the
black blood of the dead poured and pours (live feed) into the gulf of
Mexico, something we've all been bombarded with, especially now that the
shit is actually ON the fan, the oil actually in the marsh, and tv cameras
have something to show.  The black billowing clouds like a wound in the
earth's epidermis, gushing.  Soon we'll have a band-aid on the whole thing
and it will all be fine.

I listen to the radio as I work, and right after the news report on the BP
disaster, a commercial for McDonalds with a chirpy, chippy jingle came on
and somehow, any potential angst over what mankind was doing to the planet
seemed a bit ameliorated.  There might be problems in the world, but thank
god we've got big macs whenever we want one.

MMmmmmm...

Those big soothing booby's in the sky, reassuring us that big nanny
government has always solved our problems and always will.

One Disney movie that couldn't get made today, is Pinnochio.    Great story,
but today the whole point of "pleasure island" would fall flat, I'm afraid,
with the executives who spend every waking moment beefing up the whole
pleasure island concept, making it ritzier, glitzier and more attractive.

And figuring out what to do with all the donkeys it produces.  Donkeys in
the political sense of course.  What better course to creating a permanent
political power structure than the enfeebling of mass intellect and the
castration of human genius?  Also in the news, we now a bigger public
economy than a private one.  Government programs or pensions or paychecks
account for more of our economy than the private sector.  Hmmm... I wonder
how long that can last?

Maybe we can figure out a way to run Disneyland on donkey meat and keep the
whole thing going a while longer.

And install great big fans in Orlando, to help blow back the smell of the
dead tides.

Glad you had a nice vacation there Ron.  Might as well make the best of it
while it lasts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upstKiNnhkU&feature=related