[MD] Reading & Comprehension

MarshaV valkyr at att.net
Sun May 30 22:53:46 PDT 2010

Hi Mary,

I would ask if both inductive and deductive logic are included?  I think
they both should be represented in the fourth level.  And I might consider
whether fourth-level patterns come with their own intrinsic, unquestionable
authority?

While I think the fourth level is SOM all the way.  I hold the level structure
lightly.  To me the nature of all patterns has had a far greater impact.

Marsha

On May 30, 2010, at 5:27 PM, Mary wrote:

> Hi Marsha,
>
> I think your definition agrees with mine, but would welcome comments.
>
> I-SPOV's:
>
> The set of patterns of value which state that subjects and objects are the
> fundamental reality of the world and Quality is at best a property of
> subjects or objects and at worst nothing more than an opinion.
>
> I-SPOV's say it is bad to accept a belief just because an authority figure
> (political, religious, or otherwise) tells you so, since the only things
> which can be known as fact as those things which can be proven by
> observation or experimentation.
>

> Mary
>
> On Behalf Of MarshaV
>> Sent: Friday, May 28, 2010 4:45 AM
>> To: moq_discuss at moqtalk.org
>> Hi Bo,
>>
>> I've added the word 'rational' to my definition of the Intellectual-
>> spovs.
>>

>> Intellectual Static Patterns of Value:
>>
>> Reified concepts and the rules for their rational manipulation.
>> Intellectual
>> patterns create false boundaries, giving the illusion of independence,
>> or
>> 'thingness'. The fourth level is a formalized subject/object (SOM)
>> level
>> where the subjective is supposedly stripped from the experience.
>>

>> Marsha
>>
>> ___

___