[MD] Reading & Comprehension

skutvik at online.no skutvik at online.no
Mon May 31 10:03:10 PDT 2010

Mary. All.

30 May you said:

> I-SPOV's:  The set of patterns of value which state that subjects and
> objects are the fundamental reality of the world and Quality is at best
> a property of subjects or objects and at worst nothing more than an
> opinion.

Agree, just adding the unnecessary that "quality...nothing more than
an opinion" follows from being subjective.

> I-SPOV's say it is bad to accept a belief just because an authority
> figure (political, religious, or otherwise) tells you so, since the
> only things which can be known as fact as those things which can be
> proven by observation or experimentation.

Exactly.

An observation however: What you describe is intellect in its SOM
capacity, while intellect as the 4th. Q-level has the same basic "policy"
but it's claim to be "the fundamental reality" is taken over by  MOQ,
only intellect's control of social values is left and fully backed up by the
MOQ.

My worry - and why I fight the Buchanan faction - is that intellect's
control of society  can't be carried out if the MOQ is allowed into the
intellectual level. The MOQ can't control social value, only the level
that is "out of society", namely  intellect can do that. This making
intellect the home of the MOQ destroys intellect and may lead to the
same situation described in LILA page 312)  but now with intellectual
deterioration the issue

    It's this intellectual pattern of amoral 'objectivity' that is to
    blame for the social deterioration of America, because it has
    undermined the static social values necessary to prevent
    deterioration. In its condemnation of social repression as the
    enemy of liberty, it has never come forth with a single moral
    principle that distinguishes a Galileo fighting social repression
    from a common criminal fighting social repression. It has, as a
    result, been the champion of both. That's the root of the
    problem.

Bodvar