[MD] Modern American Humanism and MOQ

118 ununoctiums at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 18:13:32 PST 2010

Hi Craig,

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 5:48 PM, <craigerb at comcast.net> wrote:

> [American Humanism Manifesto]
> *Knowledge of the world is derived by observation, experimentation, and
> rational analysis.*
>
> I can't see how anyone could disagree with this,
> except a thorough-going skeptic.
> .
> [Mark]

I think this is where I might differ.  I cannot see knowledge as the sum
total of observation, experimentation, and rational analysis.  I think there
is something missing or maybe more. Some concepts that arise do not come
from those three.  The concept above seems to be highly materialist
oriented.  I don't know what others would have to say about this position of
mine.

Regards,
Mark