[MD] Ah-ha Qua Ah-ha

118 ununoctiums at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 10:33:34 PST 2010

Hi Matt,
I agree with what you say below.  It is the notion of uncovering a truth
which could be an endless pursuit since we create it as we go along.  The
difference between the abstraction and that from which it is abstracting is
important.  We can create constellations out of the stars and call them
true, or we can say they are pretty.  We can create many meaningful and
beautiful abstractions or concepts.  That is the power we have.  I like to
think of science as creating what is most useful, it can be beautiful (or
sinister) in that sense.

Mark

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 10:20 AM, Matt Kundert <pirsigaffliction at hotmail.com