[MD] a-theism and atheism

david buchanan dmbuchanan at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 24 16:29:07 PST 2010

dmb said to John:
 I'm not expert on humility, obviously, but how can you imagine that you are in a better position to judge than they are? That's not just a lack of humility, that's downright delusional.

John replied:
...It's all delusion in the end. The question is whether our delusion is any good or not. ...

dmb says:
Really? That's your answer?
Humility doesn't mean you're ashamed of yourself or that you lack confidence. Humility is not the same as low self esteem. It's just a matter of having a realistic view of one's limits and abilities. It's about knowing yourself, which Socrates famously said was the key to all wisdom. So I ask you again.

How can you imagine that you are in a better position to judge than they are?