[MD] Ah-ha Qua Ah-ha

MarshaV valkyr at att.net
Sat Nov 27 00:44:04 PST 2010

On Nov 26, 2010, at 8:16 PM, 118 wrote:

> [Mark]
> To use your terminology, patterns are created.

Marsha:
To use my terminology, patterns are interdependent.

> [Mark]
> There can be no unpatterned since this would suppose something
> before it exists.

Marsha:
I had experiences of unpatterned awareness.  -  If static patterns of
value are interdependent, your supposition makes no sense.

> [Mark]
> Patterns cannot change or you could not call them patterns.

Marsha:
Static patterns of value are processes/events; they are ever-changing,
interdependent and impermanent.   Patterns exists as process.   That
process includes habits of thought.

> [Mark]
> We cannot interact with patterns, only create them.

Marsha:
By 'we' are you asking about a group of  imaginary "autonomous little
homunculi?."  Patterns are ever-changing, interdependent, impermanent
conceptual constructs.

> [Mark]
> Your use of patterns seems to contradict itself.  This is why I asked for
> another word.  Don't get me wrong, I am fine with contradictions
> if that's how you want to present it.

Marsha:
Contradicting common sense like superposition and entanglement?  It
may be time for a conceptual step or leap into a new paradigm.

> On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 1:08 PM, MarshaV <valkyr at att.net> wrote:
>

>>> [Mark]
>>> I understand that the mind makes patterns as it creates meaning from
>>> what it experiences.  Is your patterning and unpatterning a function of
>>> this process
>>
>> [Marsha]
>> There seems to be an interdependency between mind (consciousness)
>> and patterns.  I have never stated that mind creates patterns.
>
> [Mark]
> Where do the patterns come from, then?  What is patterning them?

Patterns are not separate entities, they are ever-changing,
impermanent and interdependent.  My understanding has interdependence
extending out into infinity like a net of jewels.  Or has entanglement extending
back to the BigBang. Whatever flavor of analogy works for you.

>> [Marsha]
>> What is your world view?
>
> [Mark]
> It is the same as yours.  Surprised?  I have been following your posts
> carefully.

Baloney.  Do you have a Brooklyn Bridge you'd like to sell me too?

>> Cheers,
>> Mark

Cheerily,
Marsha