[MD] cloud of probability

Dan Glover daneglover at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 10:14:07 PDT 2011

Hello everyone

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 10:34 AM, 118 <ununoctiums at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dan,
> As I recall, you mentioned my name and engaged me in conversation.  So we could say that you were bothering me.  Whenever you start a post with "Hello everyone", you are in fact "bothering all of us.  If I see such a beginning in the future I will assume that you are engaging me with some deepthoughts.

Dan:

Yes, I was feeling quite frustrated at the level of the discussion, I
admit. And I did engage you by name. However, as I once explained to
John, the reason I begin every message with "Hello everyone" is to
remind myself that there are many people reading these posts who never
respond. I am not actively engaging you, however.

>Mark:
> You brought up the analogy of "playing field".  You have your own private field, with your own misguided rules.  In your compilation, Pirsig tries to set you straight.  So, if you will not listen to me, please listen to Pirsig.

Dan:

See, this is the kind of crap I can't stand. I was being quite polite
with you, did not insult you, or try and talk down to you. But you
insist on doing it to me and then you wonder why I don't want to have
a discussion with you. Wake up, Mark! Grow up! If you really spent all
those years earning a PhD as you claim, then put some of that
knowledge to use instead of acting like a child.

Dan