[MD] cloud of probability

david buchanan dmbuchanan at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 13 15:40:32 PDT 2011

In our highly complex organic state we advanced organisms respond to our environment with an invention of many marvelous analogues. We invent earth and heavens, trees, stones and oceans, gods, music, arts, language, philosophy, engineering, civilization and science. We call these analogues reality. And they are reality. We teach our children in the name of truth into knowing that they are reality. We throw anyone who does not accept these analogues into an asylum. But that which causes us to invent the analogues is Quality. Quality is the continuing stimulus which our environment puts upon us to create the world in which we live.
"Now, to take that which has caused us to create the world, and include it within the world we have created, is clearly impossible. That is why Quality cannot be defined. If we do define it we are defining something less than Quality itself."

The theory of evolution is among the analogies we call reality, among the concepts we've invented along with earth and heaven. In the MOQ, reality is prior to all analogies and gives rise to all concepts. Reality is continuous and flowing and undivided but concepts define and distinguish and limit and do nothing but divide. That's why there is always a discrepancy between concepts (static) and reality (Dynamic). That's why reality is outside of language.

Philosophical discussions, on the other hand, are definitely NOT outside of language. For that, we most certainly need words, concepts and definitions. If you want reality, go to a Zen retreat or join a monastery or otherwise go where they don't worry too much about metaphysics, a place where talking isn't the main point and purpose.