[MD] som unplugged - corrected lines

MarshaV valkyr at att.net
Sat Jun 18 01:19:43 PDT 2011

Greetings John,

I have chosen to read the shooting script for American Beauty.
What a surprise.  Less than a hundred pages, much of it scene
setup and white space.  The DVD series 'THE DIALOGUE: screen
writer' has been so interesting I felt compelled to read a script for
myself.   One can find libraries that have available the series from
initial script to final shooting script.  I'd love to read a set.

Compelled by a multitude of causes and conditions, including a
strong curiosity.   Some people generalize when they need to,
but prefer to leave experience open whenever possible. Others
are quick to make a judgement and seem to need strict order.
And, of course, there are all variations thereof.  Nature?  Nurture?
Habit.?  Evolution? Pattern described as a tendency?  Add an
adjective...

	My name is Lester  Burnham.  This is my
	neighborhood. This is my street.  This ...
	is my life.  I'm forty-two years old.  In
	less than a year, I'll be dead.

Patterns are interesting.  The MoQ is seriously interesting.
Mr. Pirsig is a genius.   IM - not so - HO...

I still don't know much about suffering.

Yours,

Marsha

On Jun 17, 2011, at 11:42 AM, John Carl wrote:

> Very true, Marsha.  There are all kinds of suffering.  People will put up
> with a lot of physical suffering (exercise and dieting) to avoid mental
> suffering for being fat and sexually rejected - for just one instance.
> So... it seems that choosing one's suffering (freedom of choice)  is the
> key to happiness (non- suffering).  By excercising our choices, we detach
> from our suffering.  Does that make sense?
>
> Yours,
>
> John
>
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 10:58 PM, MarshaV <valkyr at att.net> wrote:
>

>> John,
>>
>> We suffer, or we accept the difficulties, or we overcome them, or we wait
>> until
>> they pass.  I'm not so sure one can make such an easy, generalized
>> statement
>> when it comes to suffering.  There's all kinds of suffering.
>>

>> Marsha

___