[MD] som unplugged - corrected lines

John Carl ridgecoyote at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 22:48:47 PDT 2011

Ho, Dan.

>  Luckily (for me), they abolished
> the draft the same year that I became eligible.

John:

Me too.  We must be about the same age then.

Dan:

> That's interesting, actually. It sounds like a great adventure..
> seeing fresh places, meeting new people. Good luck with your
> endeavors.
>
> John:

It is interesting.  Both me and my wife had gotten tired of moving a lot as
kids, so we thought we'd raise our kids in stability and kept in the same
place the whole time they were growing up.  But now that I've gotten out of
California, it's very interesting to get some new perspectives and meet new
people.  North Dakota has the geographic center of the continent within its
borders, so it's about as "mid America" as it gets I guess.  It's also the
most religious of all the states, more churches, more attendance, and it's
very much "mom and apple pie" normal.  Today I sat in my RV outside the
library and listened to a ball game.  I don't think it was triple A.  I
think more like double, or maybe just A, but it was baseball with uniforms
and announcers and it's springtime in Williston, where the lawns are all
mowed and the economy is booming.  An interesting place indeed.  Especially
in contrast to elsewhere.

Dan:

> And you too. Cool saw, btw.
>
> John:  You seen my saw???  Oh yeah!  My one facebook friend from MD.
 Neato.  Yeah, she's a real beauty.  I'll have to post a pic of the round
window trim I crafted with her out of two by twelve I fetched from the
lumber yard in my RV.  The expression on the guys face when he helped me
load that 10 footer thru the door...

John