[MD] Authorship

Howze, John@EDD John.Howze at edd.ca.gov
Wed Dec 12 08:05:29 PST 2012

I wonder if this creates a conflict w/ the modern day ownership idea.
What is ours, remains ours, no other owns us. Property rights being the dominant ethic today.
Subject/object duality seems inherent in the first case described by MarshaV.
Since the speaker or writer is not accountable for their words or truth or lack thereof.
And then again, there is nothing new to be written seems a truism.
Such that, we all borrow from many sources in whatever we say or do.
There can be no authorship, as it all arises out of contextual pool of knowledge.
Anyway, thank you for letting me inscribe some sense in my own words.
I am new, should listen more, and not interject as much.
And, to interject more "Writing is easy. One just sits over a page of paper and bleeds from the forehead."

I have read the bylaws, and yes I have read Lila and ZMM, and hope to include some of that in the discussion.
When I jumped in here, it was more by way of not seeming to lurk, and wanting some area to find consensus.

I may have sent this twice...whoops and sorry.